To prolong the shelf life of your skates, here are some tips you can follow.
1) Your skates should avoid water and soil as much as possible.
- This is because the wheels runs on metal bearings and exposure to the two elements would introduce rust and ruin the bearings.
- In the event that your skate is subjected to such conditions, use a deruster and make sure to always pat your skates dry.
2) Never over tighten any screws or axle.
- If you are unsure about the process, please reach out to us here. We will be more than happy to help!
3) Never wash your skates.
4) Swap your wheels when it is wearing out. Every push of the wheels causes friction with the ground, and they wear out as their surface erodes.
- It is common for wheels to wear down unevenly as people tend to have a favored side.
- Swap your wheels should depend on how often you use it.
- Refer to the pictures below for references.